CITB SSSTS Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
Safe working environments are a fundamental right and essential for all workers. Site Supervisors Safety Training Schemes equip individuals with in-depth knowledge of their legal responsibilities regarding health and safety, welfare, environmental, and supervisory issues in the construction industry.
This Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme is for anyone in or assuming a supervisory role, or anyone taking on the responsibilities of a supervisor for the interim. It is a highly interactive and engaging course that is taught through a range of teaching and learning techniques. You will participate in case studies, classroom discussions, group work, and presentations. Some work outside of the course is required.
If you already have a CITB SSSTS certificate and it is due to expire, you can take a SSSTS Refresher course to renew it.
We hold all courses at one of our cooperating training centres. However, we can provide this training at your premises or on-site for larger groups.
- Understand the problems of the industry.
- Understanding how health & safety law is structured.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling site safety.
- Carry out risk assessments & understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out site inductions, toolbox talks & method statement briefings.
- Understand what is meant by proactive & reactive monitoring & appreciate their needs.
Trainees are assessed by continuous observation throughout the day and a multiple-choice exam.
This Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme is a 2 day course.
Upon course completion, successful candidates will receive an accredited CITB SSSTS certificate. The certificate is valid for 5 years.
Please note: This product description and specification is based on the model most widely stocked across our network of partner stores. Alternative brands of equivalent specification may be supplied based on location and availability.