Carpet Cleaning Machines
Professional cleaning equipment for home & commercial use
Carpet cleaning machines remove the deep-seated dirt, stains, and allergens that cling to pile. A carpet washer can maintain new carpets and reinvigorate old ones. They allow you to deep clean carpeted and textile flooring, preventing them from looking worn and prolonging their lifecycle. Carpet cleaners are ideal for use at home, offices, shops, cafes, pubs, hotels, and more. They use a spray and extraction system that soaks surfaces with warm water and carpet cleaning shampoo, allowing it to penetrate the fibres so that it loosens ingrained dirt. A powerful vacuum pulls the solution from the carpet, drawing out the grime at the same time. Dirty water is deposited into a wastewater tank, and you can pour it down a suitable drain or toilet.
How can dirty carpets affect your health?
The carpets in homes, shops, hotels, pubs, offices, and more, experience heavy use. Dirt can transfer to a carpet from footwear, equipment, pets, spilt liquids and foods, smoking, and more. This dirt can accumulate, leaving carpets dirty, worn, smelly, and a threat to your health. Carpets can contain a lot of dead skin, hair, pet dander, pollen, and other pollutants. They can also harbour fungi, chemicals, bacteria, germs, dust mites, bedbugs, and more. Regular vacuum cleaning can pick up some of the dirt and irritants, but a deep clean with warm water and cleaning solutions are the only way to remove them thoroughly and ensure the carpet is healthy.
Here are some issues carpets can experience, and how they can affect the carpet or your health -
- Oily Residue. Oil and grease can dry into the carpet, trapping some dirt and attracting more. Oily residue is difficult to remove, leaves carpets looking unclean, and contributes to odours.
- Sandy Soil. Small drains of this soil can engrain itself into the pile, and it slowly wears away the fibres, making it look worn and reducing its lifecycle.
- Irritants. Carpets containing dust, dead skin cells, hair, pet dander, pollen, dust mites, and more, will aggravate allergies and cause irritations. An unclean carpet can make the environment uncomfortable for anyone who suffers from conditions, such as asthma, allergies, eczema, and allergic rhinitis (hay fever).
- Germs & Viruses. Uncleaned carpets can harbour many bacteria, germs, and viruses. A carpet can be a hotspot, 4,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat. Some agents can survive in carpets for up to 6 weeks, and if they are disturbed and become airborne, they can make you sick.
- Added Weight. Carpets can potentially hold more than 4 times their weight in dirt. This is not just a nasty image; it can also lead to further issues if you ever replace the carpet.
How long does a washed carpet take to dry?
A washed carpet can feel dry to the touch after 5 hours, but it is recommended to allow up to 24 hours for the whole carpet to try thoroughly before use.
We supply carpet dryers and dehumidifiers as part of our carpet cleaning range, allowing you to dry surfaces quickly and efficiently after you have used a carpet cleaning machine.
How often should you clean your carpet?
To maintain a great looking carpet and a healthy environment, you should vacuum clean twice a week and deep clean with a carpet cleaning machine every 12 to 18 months. You should clean busy households and commercial areas more regularly.
How much does it cost to hire a carpet washer?
Hiring equipment for DIY can be much cheaper than booking a professional, and you can achieve the same high-level results. The National Tool Hire Shops rates are extremely competitive, and we offer great value delivery nationwide. Take a look at our carpet cleaning range and to see what is available near you, or contact us for a quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I clean my carpets myself or hire a professional?
Whilst a professional may be able to do a slightly better job than you, they can be costly. Carpet cleaning is a fairly easy task almost any one can do and you can rent a carpet cleaning machine for as little as £50
Is it cheaper to clean the carpet or replace it?
It is almost always going to be cheaper to clean your old, dirty carpets rather than replace them. You only need to fully replace a carpet if it starts to grow mould or other harmful allergens.
Can you do carpet cleaning yourself?
Absolutely! While you can of course hire a professional, it is likely in most cases you can do the job to the same standard for a fraction of the cost!
How do you make old dirty carpets looks new?
It's simple really, use a good carpet cleaner! Use carpet shampoo with hot water in a carpet cleaner, give it a few passes and it'll look fantastic in no time!
Do you have to empty a room to clean a carpet?
Carpet cleaners use hot water to aid the cleaning of the carpets, for that reason, emptying the room might be your best bet. At the very least, you should remove electronics.